Confronted with the humanitarian drama of the refugees, the Focolare’s Youth for Unity, partner of Movement of politics& policy for unity, step into action on many fronts, mobilising and appealing to international organisations, while joining in the efforts of the entire Movement.
• Reduce public funding of weapons
• Work at the root level of inequality, to counter misery
• Revise current models of governance
• Adopt a model of organised legality in opposition to criminality
• Guarantee universal primary education
These are the five main points of the appeal made by the young people of the Focolare’s Youth for a United World (YUW) to national parliaments, the European Parliament, the National Commissions of UNESCO and the United Nations.